NAACAM Manufacturing ScholarshipIn honour of Dr Johan Van Zyl
Scholarship Applications for 2022 close on October 31st 2021
In memory of Dr Johan Van Zyl the National Association of Automotive Component and Allied Manufacturers (NAACAM) has committed to providing a full manufacturing-focused GIBS MBA scholarship at TWIMS for its intake in 2022.
Dr Van Zyl’s passion for education and people resulted in the establishment of TWIMS and it was under his inspirational leadership that we were able to grow and prosper. Dr Van Zyl’s contribution to education and industrialisation in Africa is remarkable and we are proud to continue his legacy through this special scholarship.
This scholarship will be awarded to an African female working in an SME. The recipient will be a fully deserving candidate of exceptional talent, and with a demonstrated, deep commitment to the development of monozukuri in Africa.
Scholarship qualification criteria
The NAACAM Manufacturing Scholarship is open to African females who are South African citizens and interested in manufacturing or related industries. The scholarship will only be granted to a fully deserving candidate of exceptional talent, and with a demonstrated, deep commitment to African industrialisation and the development of monzukuri. The scholarship recipient will be required to adhere to the highest ethical standards throughout their studies and operate as “goodwill” ambassadors of NAACAM, TWIMS and the GIBS MBA (manufacturing focus). The Scholarship recipient will need to sign a scholarship contract indicating their adherence to scholarship rules and associated obligations.
The application processes for the NAACAM Manufacturing Scholarship and TWIMS Manufacturing Ambassador Scholarship are identical. Eligible individuals who submit an application to the TWIMS Manufacturing Scholarship will automatically be considered for the NAACAM Manufacturing Scholarship and vice versa.
Prospective scholarship students will need to complete a dual application process.
1. Prospective students must first apply to GIBS for admission to the MBA (manufacturing focus). This process is completely independent of TWIMS. The cost of application is entirely for the applicant’s own account and will not be reimbursed by TWIMS. The application is therefore entirely at the risk of the prospective student.
2. Once prospective students have applied to GIBS for entry into the MBA (manufacturing focus) they must complete the NAACAM Scholarship application process. This will be done via the TWIMS Ambassador Scholarship portal.
3. The application process requires the submission of the following documents:
- A curriculum vitae, including details of outreach and volunteer work (maximum of two pages)
- A motivational letter, indicating why the scholarship has been applied for (500 words)
- An industrialisation essay, explaining the importance of industrial development to Sub-Saharan Africa, and the role of management in leading industrialisation (1,000 words)
Apply for the Scholarship
Please note that TWIMS will not accept emailed or physical scholarship applications. Any applications delivered outside of the online scholarship portal will be discarded immediately.